Looking for quick, easy and healthy meal ideas? Clearwater Seafoods has you covered.
Chef Stefan Czapalay has sent along some recipes using the new Clearwater Seafoods products for me to share with you. Here are some fresh ideas for your kitchen.
Rosemary Maple Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops
1 package Clearwater Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops
1 cup maple syrup
4 tsp rosemary (finely chopped)
1. Thaw Clearwater Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops in package for 15-20 minutes before cooking.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
3. Prepare sauce by combining maple syrup and finely chopped rosemary. Simmer for 2 minutes and let cool.
4. Fold a 25-inch piece of foil in half. Spray one side generously with cooking spray.
5. Place foil on grill greased side up and place scallops on foil (do not crowd.)
6. Grill, lid down for 12-15 minutes, turning frequently, or until bacon is crisp and scallops are cooked.
7. During the last 30 seconds, brush liberally with maple rosemary glaze.
8. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Serves 2 portions
Carbonara with Clearwater Garlic Cream Scallops & Sauce
1 pkg. of Clearwater Garlic Cream Scallops & Sauce
1⁄2 Cup bacon lardons
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1⁄2 cup onions, diced
1⁄4 cup white wine (if desired)
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 egg yolks
15 oz. fettuccini, cooked
1⁄2 cup Parmesan Reggiano, finely grated
2 green onions, chopped on bias
2 tbsp. butter, unsalted
1 tsp. pepper, black
Sea salt to taste
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccini pasta until al dente. Drain and toss with 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
2. In a large skillet on medium high heat, add chopped bacon and cook until slightly crispy, remove and set aside. Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to the skillet and add diced onions. Sweat then add minced garlic and wine if desired.
3. In a small sauté pan warm the scallops and sauce as per instructions.
4. Return bacon to skillet with the drained cooked fettuccini. Toss.
5. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg yolks, slowing add Garlic Cream sauce and continue to beat fast. Do not let the eggs curdle.
6. Add the egg mixture back to the Clearwater Garlic Cream Scallops & Sauce and stir into Fettuccini.
7. Stir in the Parmesan Reggiano, green onions and butter.
8. Season to preference and enjoy.
About Clearwater Seafoods
Clearwater Seafoods was started in 1976, by brothers John Risley and Colin MacDonald with a pick up truck along the shores of Nova Scotia. Clearwater Seafoods has grown in to an innovative and world leading seafood company that includes modern fleets, innovative harvesting practices including frozen-at-sea technology. The frozen-at-sea technology ensures that the Clearwater Seafoods products stay as fresh as the moment they are caught.
Known for lobster, scallops, shrimp and clams, Clearwater Seafoods has recently introduced Bacon Wrapped Scallops and Scallops and Sauce Products.
About Chef Stefan Czapalay
Nova Scotia native Chef Stefan Czapalay is Clearwater Seafoods’ executive chef and is actively involved with both product and customer development.
Growing up in rural Nova Scotia, he was a wild food forager at a young age. He led groups of tourists on wild mushroom and other edible plant expeditions. With a focus on sourcing local food, Stefan opened is nationally-acclaimed restaurant, Seasons in Thyme in Prince Edward Island in 1993. It was awarded three stars from “Where to Eat in Canada” and Four Diamonds from CAA/AAA.
Win a Clearwater Seafoods branded Paderno Stainless Steel Frying Pan, valued at $100.
The PadernoStainless Steel Frying Pan is made from solid 18/10 stainless steel with a bonded bottom pad for fast heat control and has a no drip-lip and welded handles so they never loosen or fall off. I have had my Paderno pots for many many years with no problems or replacements required. These pans are built to last.