As the weather is slowly changing to the long days of summer, it is fitting that May is designated National Salad Month. What better way to get inspired and excited about the lighter meals of summer? Marzetti Simply Dressed Salad Dressings has you covered with some pretty fabulous new dressings.
To top off your salad, why not try one of the new Marzetti®™ Simply Dressed® refrigerated salad dressings made with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and canola oil. These dressings do not contain preservatives, trans fat, high fructose corn syrup, added MSG or artificial flavours.
Simply Dressed® Salad Dressings are now available in six different flavours and come in 354 ml bottles. They have a suggested retail price of $3.99 and can be found in the produce section of the grocery store with the refrigerated salad dressings.
The people at Marzetti have some great recipes for me to share with you. Below you will find the recipe for the “Arugula and Fennel Pomegranate Salad” that will be finding its way to my table fairly often this summer. Here are some others that may interest you as well.
- Crunchy Apple Chicken Salad
- Exotic Vegetables and Chickpea Salad
- Chopped Spinach, Mint and Cracked Wheat Salad
All of the recipes can be viewed and printed off HERE and you can find even more recipes on the Marzetti Kitchens website.
Arugula and Fennel Pomegranate Salad
Courtesy of Marzetti®™ Simply Dressed Salad Dressing
- ½ cup Simply Dressed® Pomegranate Salad Dressing
- 1 large fennel bulb, outer layer removed
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 6 oz. goat cheese, cut into 6 discs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. arugula
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced thinly
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachios
- Cut fennel into thin pieces. Set aside. Place panko in a shallow dish. Roll eachpiece of goat cheese in panko and transfer to a plate. Heat oil over medium-high heat in medium size skillet. Add goat cheese and brown cheese on each side, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer cheese to a plate and keep warm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine fennel, arugula, onion and Simply Dressed® Pomegranate Salad Dressing; toss gently. Divide salad mixture and arrange on individual plates. Sprinkle each salad with pomegranate seeds and pistachios.
- Place warm goat cheese on top of each salad. Serve.
Valued at $100, the prize pack includes a wooden salad bowl and salad tossers, 4 wooden salad bowl, a tea towel, an apron, special lettuce knives that cuts greens without browning and the full Marzetti Simply Dressed Salad Dressings line up (in voucher form).