What could be more perfect to help celebrate St Patricks Day than these fun Andes Mint Chocolate Cupcakes. Of course you don’t have to enjoy these only on March 17th! They are yummy and fun to share anytime of year. The mint frosting and decorations work really well on my “Hubby’s Favorite Brownie” recipe. Another great idea is to include a cute Irish blessing, proverb or toasts.
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
(Makes up to 24 cupcakes)
1 box of chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients called for on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 bag of Andes mints
Green food coloring
1. Make cake batter according to box instructions. Evenly divide into cupcake liners.
2. Bake cupcakes according to box instructions. Allow to cool in pans 15 minutes before frosting.
3. To make frosting, use an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly add powdered sugar, scraping down sides of bowl between additions.
5. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time, and then mix in both peppermint and vanilla extracts.
6. For mint green color, add 6-8 drops of green food coloring into the frosting until you reach your desired shade of green.
7. Frost cupcakes and garnish with an Andes mint
Shared on the “Our Sunday Best Showcase” link up.