Have you noticed the new Black Diamond Cheese Spreads now available in stores? All the delicious flavours of Black Diamond Cheese is a spread that can be used on its own or added to dishes to bring the flavour to another level. You can read all about the new products on the Black Diamond website HERE.
Available in four different flavours; Original, Original Light*, Sharp and White Original, Black Diamond Cheese Spread is a fresh dairy product with superior taste, creamy texture and less sodium content compared to other spreads.
The holiday party season is in full swing! Love this time of year filled with hockey parties, work get togethers, girls nights and family gatherings. It seems like every weekend is covered right up until Christmas. With all the party invites come the question of what to bring along to the party or what to serve when you are responsible for the main dish. That is where the new Black Diamond Cheese Spread is saving the day! There are so many ways to use the cheese. I am going to share a couple that I tried!
I served up the Chicken & Bacon Spaghetti in Cheddar Sauce for dinner and WOW! was the common response from the family. This is a rich and creamy favorite restaurant type of meal. I love that it has a big WOW! factor with not too much time and effort. the Black Diamond Cheese Spread brought it all together so easily. I love flavour and was not dissapointed with this dish. Perfect for serving to your guests anytime!
Chicken & Bacon Spaghetti in Cheddar Sauce
454 g spaghetti, cooked
2 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breasts, cut into ½” cubes
5 bacon slices, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
¼ cup white wine
½ cup Black Diamond Original Cheese Spread
½ cup chicken stock
¼ cup Lactantia 35% cream
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
3 tbsp green onions, chopped
3 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- In a large non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Toss the cubed chicken breast into the pan and brown on all sides. Once cooked, remove the chicken and set aside.
- Bacon’s turn; add it all to the pan and allow to brown. Get the garlic in there and sautée for another minute.
- Pour in the white wine and let the liquid reduce by half.
- Stir in Black Diamond Original Cheese Spread until it’s nice and melted. Follow this with chicken stock and heavy cream and allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add in the noodles, green onions, and chicken with all its glorious juices.
- Toss all the ingredients in the pan until evenly coated.
Getting ready for guests to come by I whipped up some Bacon, Cheddar & Salsa dip. Bacon and cheddar are a sure hit with my friends and family. I have a recipe for taco dip that has been getting a little boring so I thought this Salsa dip would be a perfect replacement. Boy was I right. I served it up in individual Mini Mason Jars for a fun twist. They were a hit with my guests and I know they will be with yours. You can find the recipe on the Black Diamond Canada Website with a lot of other great ideas. Enjoy!