Traditionally an American holiday, Black Friday has grown in popularity here in Canada as retailers offer savings in-store and online to entice Canadian shoppers. There are fabulous deals to be had but in all honesty it can be a stressful experience that includes early morning wake-up, long lines, aggressive shoppers, and slow websites that are not meant to accommodate the increase in traffic. Oh and the parking! But Black Friday does not have to be stressful. Especially is you consider the alternative. Save.ca is encouraging you to enjoy a Mauve Friday this year. Save.ca has all the deals you are looking for in one spot as well as great tools to help make Mauve Friday a more tranquil and zen. It is possible!
Follow these simple tips to help you be prepared and informed for a stress-free Black Friday shopping experience:
- Set a budget. It can be easy to get caught up in sales, so before you head out set a budget that you’re comfortable spending to avoid buyer’s remorse.
- Research the deals before you go. Search digital flyers on trusted sites like Save.ca from the comfort of your home so you know what’s out there and where you can find the products and deals you want.
- Make a list. Develop a list before shopping to avoid an impulse purchase.
- Be savvy. To ensure you have the right item for the right price, compare the digital flyers while shopping with Save.ca’s new mobile app.
- Dress comfortably. If you’re going to be out all day, make sure to wear comfortable shoes. If you can handle a brisk, chilly walk through the parking lot without your coat, you’ll really enjoy not having to carry it with you.
- Online is in. To avoid the crowds completely, you can always try online shopping. Before shopping on November 29, Save.ca will have compiled great deals and discounts for Canadians in one spot.
- Register before hand. Create those profiles required to make a purchase in the week leading up to the big day. You will save yourself the stress of creating a shoppers profile under pressure.