I received Bob Blumers latest cookbook, Glutton For Pleasure: Signature Recipes, Epic Stories, and Surreal Etiquette, when I attended LINK2013. I love the cookbook. I thought the popcorn Cauliflower would be a big hit with the kiddos. I was surprised when Hubs and I were fighting over the last piece. The caramelization makes the cauliflower sweet and delicious. This has become a weekly feature in our dinner plan. So yummy!
1 head cauliflower
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Trim the head of cauliflower, discarding the core and thick stems; cut florets into pieces about the size of ping-pong balls.
3. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and salt, whisk, then add the cauliflower pieces and toss thoroughly.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment for easy cleanup (you can skip that, if you don’t have any) then spread the cauliflower pieces on the sheet and roast for 1 hour, turning 3 or 4 times, until most of each piece has turned golden brown.
5. (The browner the cauliflower pieces turn, the more caramelization occurs and the sweeter they’ll taste).
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!