I have come to realize that my hubs is the main chef in our house. Like I mentioned before in my post for Marinated Grilled Steak with Melted Onions I am banned form the BBQ. Have been for close to 15 years. Now I am realizing that a lot of our family favorite recipes are the ones that hubs has perfected. GASP! When did this happen? Probably when I was working nights and he was responsible for dinner on weeknights.
I am okay with this turn of events. Really I love sharing the kitchen with hubs. Everything does taste better when it is made for you. Right?
This recipe I found a while ago in one of Sandi Richards cooking books. I have changed it some by omitting and adding other things. The original recipe can be found in the cookbook Life’s On Fire Cooking for the Rushed.
Here is my and the hubs version of the recipe:
Hubs Perfected Chicken Primavera
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 TBSP cornstarch
1 can Chicken Broth
2 TBSPs soy sauce
2 cloves chopped fresh garlic
1TBSP grated fresh ginger
1 small onion chopped
1 Cup of chopped broccoli
20 button mushrooms
3 small packages of Udon noodles (You can use any noodle ie shanghai, spaghetti..)
Makes lots! Tastes great reheated for lunch the next day!
- Heat oil in wok on Med-High heat.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Add to pan. Stir until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl: combine cornstarch gradually with broth then add soy sauce, garlic,ginger, and brown sugar. Stir until smooth. This is the sauce. Set aside.
- Cut onion, broccoli and mushrooms in to bite sized pieces. Add them into wok as you are chopping in this order. (Mushrooms need the least amount of time on the heat) Toss for about 3-4 minutes.
- Prepare noodles as per package instructions.
- Add noodles and the sauce to wok. Stir until hot and sauce has thickened.