I just took a peek and I have 2,740 pictures on my phone. 2,740!! All of those pictures automatically transfer to my laptop via Dropbox and I wonder why my phone and laptop are running so slow. Shhheeesh! That is a lot of memory dedicated to my pictures.
I have an external hard drive that I regularly send my photos to but I tend to not clean out my laptop for fear of the external drive crashing. I have a fear of loosing those photos forever.
I have a found a solution to my fear: Picture Keeper. I am a double back up kind of gal when it comes to pictures and all those precious memories and the Picture Keeper is perfect. The Picture Keeper is small, stores a lot and is easy to use.
I am using the PK16 Picture Keeper. It was so easy to use. I just plugged it into the laptop and clicked on “START BACKUP” and it started to transfer pictures. It took about 18 minutes to find the photos then to transfer them all over. The nice thing is that there is no software to load. Just plug it in and go.
Specs for the Picture Keeper
- The simple and easy way to back up digital photos
- Backed up photos can easily be transported to a digital photo printing kiosk
- Plug & Play a slide show on any digital picture frame or TV with a USB port
- Peace of Mind that your photos are safe and secure
- Works well with all photo organizing softwares like Kodak Easy Share, Picasa, etc.
- Easily use with your favorite print kiosk or keep in a fire-proof safe
- Once one Picture Keeper fills, just use another and the second will continue where the first left off. Amazing!
You can also choose the files that the Picture Keeper will copy pictures from just by pressing the “+” beside a specific file. That is exactly what I did with Dropbox and it worked perfectly.
The other neat thing is that it skip duplicate pictures. I am not sure how but I had over 600 duplicate photos. That is a lot of wasted memory space.
You can purchase the Picture Keeper on their website. There are many different sizes to choose from.