Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Valentine’s Day is a great chance to celebrate your relationship and a great excuse to make time for a date! With a little planning and thought you can create a memorable date. Here are some fun ideas on how to celebrate with your honey.
5 Romantic Valentine’s Day Date Ideas
1. Book a couples date at a local spa for the weekend. If that is not in the budget, do a spa at home! Start by giving each other a massage, using scented body lotion or oils. I’ve even seen candles that you burn, and they turn into lotion. These items will create a mellow mood for your spa at home.
After your massages, use a DIY face mask treatment (make your own, or you can get them at Wal-Mart for just a few bucks). One of my favorites to try is so simple:
DIY face mask treatment
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
1 medium banana
Mix ingredients into a smooth paste. Apply it to your face and neck, and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
2. Watch the sunrise, or sunset. Depending on your schedules, you might be able to catch a beautiful sunrise instead of the usual sunset. Take pictures together and put them together in a scrapbook later. Bonus: The scrapbook would make a great anniversary gift!
3. Create a coupon book for each other, filled with favors that you know your partner would like. For example, your husband could make one that says “coupon valid for one free foot massage”, or “coupon valid for one load of laundry, completed start to finish without complaining”.
4. Do a little dance, make a little… Now is the time to get down! Burn a CD with some music from your early dating days, and include some of “your” songs – you know, the ones that make you think of each other when they come on the radio. Do some dancing, serve your favorite dinner and then watch a romantic movie to set the mood for the rest of the evening.
5. Recreate the past. Do you remember your first date? Chances are, it was a romantic time for both of you. Even if it wasn’t, try recreating your first date! Whether it was at a movie theatre, or a certain dinner spot, take your partner back in time for Valentine’s Day. Even if your first date was awkward, it will be fun to go back in time to relive it!