Cast: Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke, David Tomlinson.
Running Time: 2 hours; 19 minutes
Genre: Comedy, Family, Fantasy, Musical.
Rating: G –No real violence, language or scenes that would offend younger viewers.
Synopsis for Mary Poppins: 50th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray:
After Mr. Banks tears up an advertisement Jane and Michael Banks wrote in order to find themselves a new nanny, Mary Poppins arrives into their lives, and helps the Banks’ family act more like a family, and have fun together.
Features of Blu-ray Mary Poppins: 50th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray and DVD:
• Becoming Mr. Sherman – A conversation between composer Richard Sherman (one of the Sherman Brothers who wrote the score for Mary Poppins) and actor Jason Schwartzman (who plays Richard Sherman in Saving Mr. Banks) about writing songs for Mary Poppins.
• All-New Mary-Oke Sing-Along – Sing along with various songs in the film with the lyrics at the bottom of your screen.
• Deleted Song – “Chimpanzoo” Watch and listen to a song from Mary Poppins that was originally cut form the film.
• A Magical Musical Reunion With Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyck and Richard Sherman.
• Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious: The Making of Mary Poppins.
• Digital Copy – You can download and stream a copy of this movie onto your smart phone, tablet, TV or your home computer with the code provided inside.
My Impressions of Mary Poppins: 50th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray:
If you haven’t seen Mary Poppins before, please sit down with your kids for a spell, and enjoy this magical story of a family finding its way back to each other. Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke were amazing in this film. David Tomlinson did a superb job as Mr. Banks, going from a man who dealt with his family at a distance, to a man who interacted with his family.
I also loved the scenes where Disney had Andrews, Van Dyke and the Banks children interact with animated characters. It was whimsical fun!
What Parents Should Look Out For in Mary Poppins: 50th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray:
• “Suggested” Alcohol Use – There is a scene in the film where Mary Poppins presumably tastes her flavour-switching medicine and says, “Yum, rum punch.”,then hiccups, suggesting she changed hers into an alcoholic beverage.
• Cigar Smoking – There are a few scenes of men smoking cigars when at the time in which this film takes place, this was common place to occur in society.
My Rating of Mary Poppins: 50th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray:– 4.5 out of 5
I loved this film as a child, and my children love watching this movie, too!
For more information about, you can visit the official website at http://www.DisneyBluray.com.
Connect with Lian